Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bee Tree Trapout #2

Hello all you who have no bees in your trees!

Well I was contacted to come get some more bees out of a second bee tree near Bandera. They were pretty calm and a pleasure to bee around. However I am a little pissed at the homeowner because they attempted to fog bomb the bees before they called me. This fouls the honey they have stored in the tree with pesticide so I'll be leaving  it in there once all the bees are out.

The tree:















The cans of pesticide while looking in the hole:















The setup cone, and trap hive:
















So far it is working, although the homeowner said they had to clear some dead bees from the cone with a stick. That was nice of them.

This one should be done within a month or so as I don't think they have a huge population due to the pesticide application. We'll see.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jimily

No comments:

Post a Comment