Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone who survived another herky jerky year on this spaceball of chaos known as Earth!

Well it happened again, another year ended and we find ourselves with expectations of good things in the coming year. For a moment we might reflect on how lucky we have been this last year. And even if you don't think you were lucky there are probably things that happened that are good, even if you can't see them at the moment.

For us the good things are the house materials being finalized...finally. And progress on the house is moving along again. The goats are all still healthy and we have had some sales and met others with the same passion as we.  Our family members are doing well, well mostly. If I could stop my Mom from watching 12 hours of NCIS every single day I think that would help her attitude and the crick in her neck, but you have to pick your battles. We are still basically healthy which in this world can be quite a feat, even though I'm still suffering from the gift of the flu it is abating. Emiloo and I are still enjoying a good relationship, also a feat sometimes in this throw away world we live in. Laughter seems to help keep us centered. On the business side soap sales have been increasing, and our product spread is about to explode with many opportunities. Emiloo's job is still going strong and she has really made the most of it. All in all we have much to be thankful for, and we are.

For all of you out there in readerland make sure to stop and recognize the silver lining in your clouds, the opportunities that crisis affords you and be ever thankful and mindful of just how good you have it. Do this and you too will feel blessed and have things to be thankful for. Always plow into the future with the same fervor you had as a child and just stop listening to those who say 'no', or 'you can't'. Remember that you can only accomplish things if you know you will. You can only be happy if you know you are. Try to picture yourself years down the road. Does today's little problem really matter? Probably not. If so that will free you to move on into that future. Really, it is that easy. Have faith, make it happen. Of course, that's just the way I look at it, your mileage may vary. Here's an old saying that might snap things into perspective, I think it goes:  "I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet." Actually as a younger contentious man I would think "well what the hell does a man with no feet need with shoes?!! He can't understand my problem at all!", but I digress...and I hope you see what I'm saying.

Well that's all for now, the shop is calling me for a cleaning after the flurry of gift making right before Christmas. We wish you luck, health and happiness in the coming years. Happy New Year everybody!
Take care, and thanks for stopping by!
Jimily





No comments:

Post a Comment